Website Design & Development Jobs Currently Available
Interested in a career at Carpe Diem? You’ll find it a challenging and progressive environment that rewards talent, hard work and independent thought. We value intelligence, independence and honest approach to work. If that sounds like you, check out our openings below, or drop us a line with your CV and 3 reasons we should employ you.
PHP Developer (Backend)
We are looking for a PHP Backend Developer, with a minimum of 1 to 2 years’ commercial experience. The role will predominately be supporting the existing dev team with eventual progression to project-based work after the bedding-in period.
A keen interest and awareness of the industry, trends and emerging technologies will set you aside from others.
We are looking for someone who has experience and demonstrable knowledge in the following technologies and disciplines:
- At least one PHP MVC framework (Laravel is preferable)
- Object Oriented PHP
- MySQL – basic database design and implementation
- Basic HTML and CSS
As well as the above skills, we also ask that the applicant is able to demonstrate the following:
- Ability to understand a project specification, break it down into tasks, and then evolve this to well thought-out and solid solution.
- Be involved in a wide range of diverse projects at any given time.
- Have a ‘can do’ attitude and enjoy a challenge.
- Be responsible accurately estimating the develop time to assist in the planning of project.
- Be well organised, and able to structure your work in accordance with budgets and deadlines.
- Ability to problem solve and strategically thinking through projects and client needs to identifying ways of improvement that would help us and/or the client.
- Be keen and able to learn new technologies and be able to apply these to projects as applicable. (Training provided)
The following skills, although not required, would be highly beneficial:
- Building of responsive websites using Twitter Bootstrap
- WordPress theme and plugin development
- Linux system adminstration
- We offer an attractive salary, which is negotiable and dependent on candidate and experience.
- Company pension and benefits.
- Personal training allowance and development programme.
- Conference attendance and networking opportunities.
- Childcare Vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Minimum 31 days holiday per year, with at least 3 reserved for Christmas to New Year.
- Flexible working hours to accommodate commuting
- A great office environment.
We are looking for a vibrant and talented digital designer to lead our creative projects for clients including responsive websites, apps, innovative digital advertising and marketing assets, with a strong understanding of UX/UI.
You will need to be more than ‘just a designer’ and will be given the opportunity to lead the creativity of projects from conception to deliver.
You will be able to work with clients and our internal strategists to help shape client personas and create original designs that drive engagement. You will also be comfortable at working with developers and articulate the user journey, as well as input on how designs will be converted into real projects.
Understanding client objectives to deliver a strong brand, brand messaging and online user experience what will convert visitors to customers is critical.
You will have a passion for creating designs that demonstrate real thought and consideration to the user experience.
An understanding of MVP and MMP projects, so that we can quickly create, deliver, evaluate and adapt to change.
Experience of branding and creating brand messages would be an advantage.
You will have an excellent portfolio of digital creative work and be articulate considerations behind design elements.
You must believe in our brand values and to deliver results, which are underpinned by our company mantra ‘It’s all about knowing what makes people click’. This is a key consideration in all of our designs and projects and be mantra that you will champion.
You will not be cooped up like a chicken, whilst we sweat designs out of you.
You will be encouraged to explore creativity and design, whilst being confident in creating and justifying a design route that will deliver returns for clients!
- A creative designer with a thorough understanding of UX/UI.
- Ability to create wireframes and interactive wireframes when required.
- Ability to plan a websites content, and/or work with the team to direct and advise on content creation.
- Thorough understanding of CTA creations and the design websites that consider customer funnels.
- Able to create brands and brand messaging that will drive engagement.
- Ability to work under your own direction and deliver projects from concept to delivery in an Agile/Kanban methodology.
- Understanding of digital trends and a passion to inspire and motivate with original ideas and concepts.
- You will like to be challenged, and to challenge others, to be the best you can be and deliver results for clients.
- Experience of photography and/or video would be beneficial.
Platform and Software Experience
- The ubiquitous Adobe platforms.
- Experience of UX/UI and prototyping software tools (Invision App).
Working At Carpe Diem
- A competitive salary based upon experience.
- Minimum 28 days annual leave.
- Pension and benefits.
- A relaxed, encouraging and open working culture and environment.
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: No agencies. No overseas applications. Thanks